Are you wondering how to figure out which veggies are Keto Diet friendly and are low carb vegetables? We have searched high and low to find all the low carb vegetables that you can eat on your keto diet. There are even a few you might not have ever tried.
Let's start out with a general guideline for spotting low carb vegetables without even looking up their carb count.
Above Ground Veggies
Vegetables growing above ground such as kale, cucumber, green beans etc can be eaten often and add great nutrients and fiber to your keto diet.
Vegetables that are growing underground such as carrots and potatoes are high in carbs and should be avoided. There are of course some exceptions to both of those rules such as peas which have 21 carbs per cup yikes! And radishes which only have .1 net carbs per radish.
Here is our list of Low Carb Vegetables:
Note: this is a working list which we will be adding to as we come across more to add.
- Avocado all varieties
- Bamboo shoots
- Beet greens
- Bell Peppers all varieties
- Bok choy
- Broccoli all varieties including rabe, Calabrese etc...
- Brussels sprouts
- Cabbage all varieties including green, red, purple, napa, savoy etc...
- Callard greens
- Green beans
- Hot Peppers all varieties including jalapenos, Anaheim, banana etc...
- Lettuce all varieties including butter lettuce, iceberg, romaine etc...
- Mushrooms all varieties including shiitake, brown, white, cremini etc...
- Mustard greens
- Onions all varieties including yellow, white, red, etc...
- Olives all varieties
- Snap pea
- Snow pea
- Sprouts all varieties including bean, radish, alfalfa etc...
- Squash blossoms
- Summer squash including crookneck, yellow, pattypan etc...
- Swiss Chard
- Tomatoes all varieties
- Wax Beans
I hope this helps you when looking for something to make for dinner. We will be adding to this list. If you can think of more please comment and I will be sure to add it to the list.